Is your business located in Baltimore City? If so, how safe do you feel?
Baltimore City Crime Figures
- With a crime index of 100 indicating a completely safe city, Baltimore, Maryland scores a 6.
- Baltimore ranks as the 8th most dangerous city in America, according to USNews.com
- A review of 2010 data shows that Baltimore has the fourth-worst murder rate in the country, according to recent number-crunching byThe Atlantic magazine, corroborated by Justin Fenton in The Baltimore Sun. Baltimore’s rate of 34.85 put the city just ahead of Detroit’s, which was 34.46.
- Baltimore police reported 196 homicides in 2011
- Baltimore averages 459 crimes per square mile. The national median is 41.8
- 1 in 64 Baltimore residents run the risk of becoming a victim of violent crime. Violent crimes are defined as offenses that involve face-to-face confrontation between the victim and the perpetrator, including homicide, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
- There were 16,298 thefts, 3,336 robberies, and 7,573 burglaries in Baltimore City in 2010.
- In 2011, Home-invasion robberies rose by 34% (though most other crime rates dropped).
Believe it or not, Baltimore City crime rates are on the decline. Still, Baltimore ranks extremely high when compared to the rest of the nation. So what have you done to protect your business? The solution could be much simpler than you think.
The Answer: A Business Security System.
Countless studies have proven that professionally installed and actively monitored security systems can drastically reduce crime. And according to one particular report, a home or business without an alarm system is 2.7 to 3.5 times more likely to be burglarized than a home or business that has a burglar alarm.
If you feel your business could benefit from our Alarm and Security Systems or our Surveillance Cameras, contact DataLink Interactive and ask us about our Physical Security Services. Learn what our technology experts have to say and how they can help you with your business’ challenges. Contact us by calling (410)729-0440 or click here today!
Each and every DataLink client is valued. We care about your success. Whether you just need extra help on a project or 24×7 coverage, DataLink is here to support your organization and the technologies you depend on. We get to know you and our recommendations are tailored to your requirements. Everyday we work hard to strengthen the relationships we’ve built with our clients – we’re proud that we’ve earned their trust.